sdm-help-list > Question list about SDM
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Nov 27, 2023  08:11 AM | shiyi
Question list about SDM

Dear Lydia,

It’s really honor for me to use SDM, and receiving your reply for several times made me encouraged. I have some new questions about the use of SDM which listed in the PDF file.

Please forgive me for asking a little too many questions.

Looking forward to receiving your reply.

Best Wishes!

Dec 4, 2023  11:12 AM | Lydia Fortea - Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas August Pi i Sunyer (IDIBAPS)
RE: Question list about SDM

Dear Shiyi, 

I don't see any attached PDF file

Kind regards,
Lydia

Dec 4, 2023  01:12 PM | shiyi

Dear Lydia,

I am sorry for the upload failure of the pdf file , now I am going to  upload it again.  Hoping it can be sent  successfully this tme. 

Thanks for your reply again!

Sincerely  yours,

Shiyi

Dec 15, 2023  12:12 PM | Lydia Fortea - Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas August Pi i Sunyer (IDIBAPS)

Dear Shiyi, 

Please note that the new version of SDM-PSI has substantially different parameters, which makes the results different, more conservative and robust.

1.  For both versions: MyMean_z_p_0.005_1.000_10, represent the z-values of the significant clusters 
  2. The data from the tutorial is not exactly the same data as the used in the paper Voxel-wise meta-analysis of grey matter changes in obsessive–compulsive disorder.
  3. We recommend using the new version of SDM-PSI, but it is true that being more conservative means more probability of null results
  4. With the heterogeneity analysis, you can observe which study is making some bias, but it cannot determine the reason. A low sample size can result in biased results. 
  5. You can easily change the coordinates in the window prompt

Best regards, 

Lydia

Dec 15, 2023  01:12 PM | shiyi

Dear Lydia,

Thank you for your prompt response! I sincerely regret the null results produced by my data, prompting me to explore alternative avenues. I am seeking guidance on the feasibility of amalgamating rs-fMRI and task-fMRI studies for a meta-analysis. If this isn't advisable, I would appreciate any suggestions on how to proceed with my null results.

I'm also interested in understanding the impact of t-values from each study included in the meta-analysis. Typically, these values are either reported directly or derived from p-values or z-values. The common parameters include an uncorrected p-value of 0.005 or a corrected p-value of 0.05 (or 0.01). By considering various sample sizes, we can obtain the respective t-values for each study. My current understanding is limited to these aspects, and I am uncertain whether the null results stem from a small sample size or incorrect t-values resulting from a misunderstanding on my part.

In conclusion, I greatly appreciate your insights, and I eagerly await your response. I am determined not to give up and am committed to exploring potential solutions.

Best regards, 

Shiyi