help > ICBM152_smoothed surface with Cerebellum
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Oct 22, 2019  10:10 PM | zahra moradimanesh - Shahid Beheshti University
ICBM152_smoothed surface with Cerebellum
Dear Mingrui,

The ICBM152_smoothed surface is quite wonderful, because it allows the connections to be very much clear.
However as I am working with 116 AAL parcellation, I need my surface to also cover the cerebellum.
I wonder if a smooth surface which also includes the cerebellum is available in the toolbox.
(I prefer not to use the Ch2_withCerebellum, because it is not smooth.)

Thank you very much indeed!
Best
Zahra
Oct 26, 2019  12:10 PM | zahra moradimanesh - Shahid Beheshti University
RE: ICBM152_smoothed surface with Cerebellum
Dear all,
I post the solution in case any one encounters the same problem,
You just need to use "Tools/Merge Mesh" in the menu, and thanks to dear Mingrui, the toolbox creates the new surface for you:
First choose ICBM152left_smoothed.nv as the left mesh, and the Cerebellum.nv as the right mesh. This creates a smooth surface for the left hemisphere that covers both the cortex and the cerebellum.
Then do the exact same for the right hemisphere.
And finally, choose these two new meshes as your left and right mesh in the Merge Mesh menu, and you will have one smoothed surface that covers both the cortex and the cerebellum.
Best
Zahra
Oct 28, 2019  09:10 AM | Mingrui Xia
Dear Zhra, 

Thanks for the solution. I also attached a function which can smooth brain surface in nv format. 

Best,
Mingrui
Originally posted by zahra moradimanesh:
Dear all,
You just need to use "Tools/Merge Mesh" in the menu, and thanks to dear Mingrui, the toolbox creates the new surface for you:
First choose ICBM152left_smoothed.nv as the left mesh, and the Cerebellum.nv as the right mesh. This creates a smooth surface for the left hemisphere that covers both the cortex and the cerebellum.
And finally, choose these two new meshes as your left and right mesh in the Merge Mesh menu, and you will have one smoothed surface that covers both the cortex and the cerebellum.
Best
Zahra
Oct 14, 2021  08:10 PM | Usman Mahmood - GSU
Dear Mingrui

Can you tell what is the parameter 'n' ?

Originally posted by Mingrui Xia:
Dear Zhra, 

Thanks for the solution. I also attached a function which can smooth brain surface in nv format. 

Best,
Mingrui
Originally posted by zahra moradimanesh:
Dear all,
Best
Zahra
Apr 9, 2023  11:04 AM | abracadabrajz
Hi all, 

How to interpret the 'n' variable in Brainnet_smoothsurf?