open-discussion > How to proceed with manual rotation as we have always done (old MRIcron fans)
Feb 25, 2024  03:02 PM | Sara Bertagnoli
How to proceed with manual rotation as we have always done (old MRIcron fans)

Hi! So glad to have worked with NITRC tools since 2011, expecially with MRIcron. I found my OLd version 6 6 2013 that let us to rotate images following the tools : draw --> advanced --> rotate (and a little box with yaw, pitch and roll functions appears). 

I noticed that with the new versions created by this platform the rotation tool has been removed. I read in the forum a more or less similar request and in that case a concearning of Chris Rorden is that "Interpolating and reslicing data is a lossy operation". Does removing the ability to rotate have anything to do with this? 

In our studies we have always proceeded with double-blind procedures for the alignment of the templates and manual drawing rather than with automatic procedures (What we did was rotate the template to align with the patient scans, draw the VOIs, and then rirotate them). Would it be wrong to continue using the 2013 version to design a new study? How do you suggest we proceed if we aim to rotate manually? (sorry if maybe you put the rotation tool in other places instead 'Draw --> advanced' and I didn't see it, creating a long question for nothing :) )

Thank you in advance,

Bw, Sara

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
How to proceed with manual rotation as we have always done (old MRIcron fans)
Sara Bertagnoli Feb 25, 2024
Chris Rorden Feb 25, 2024
Sara Bertagnoli Apr 8, 2024