[Brains-users] brain mask - problems with automatic definition

Christoph Christmann christoph.christmann at zi-mannheim.de
Mon Feb 12 23:57:09 PST 2007

hi,

we use brains2 since last year for whole brain automatic segmentation
of GM, WM, CSF and manual segmentation of the hippocampus. in order
to get the correct values for the total brain volume we have to
define a brain mask. the automatic segmentation (and the following
automatic steps), however deliver a mask that is not very useful (see
attached screenshots). are there any variable to set correctly in
order to better the results?

thanks a lot in advance!

christoph