[Mrtrix-discussion] Whole brain tracking error

Robert Smith r.smith at brain.org.au
Thu May 24 18:28:43 PDT 2012

Hi Kirles

That's an unusual one; the first time I've heard of it. Unfortunately it
probably won't be easy to reproduce at our end, so we might need your help
tracking the problem down.

The first step would be to restart your computer, and re-run the tracking
without any other programs running. Sometimes if one program has a memory
leak it can corrupt the working memory of other programs, and cause all
sorts of weirdness.

Secondly, how are you executing the tracking? Is it in a standard terminal,
or something more fancy? (Some environments may contain a so-called
"watch-dog", which tries to detect when a program is malfunctioning and
kills it. One thing these systems look for is programs stuck in an infinite
loop, which is pretty much what the tracking is)

If that doesn't work, the next step would be to re-compile MRtrix in debug
mode, and run the program with a debugger. Normally I use gdb, but if
you're running on Windows (which I suspect might be the case based on that
error message), someone else on the mailing list may be familiar with
what's available and what works.

Could you also please provide us with the version of MRtrix you are
running, and the system you are running it on.

Thanks
Rob

--

Robert Smith