help > Citation error in Write Methods tool when selecting RRC analysis only
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jul 29, 2024  08:07 PM | Joseph Dust
Citation error in Write Methods tool when selecting RRC analysis only

Hello,

I am doing MVPA, SBC, and RRC analyses in CONN and have been trying out the "Write Methods" tool to help with my Methods section. I noticed a citation error when I select only RRC for my 1st level analysis. The Group level analyses text reads as:

"Group-level analyses were performed using a General Linear Model (GLM[12]). For each individual connection a separate GLM was estimated, with first-level connectivity measures at this connection as dependent variables (one independent sample per subject and one measurement per task or experimental condition, if applicable), and groups or other subject-level identifiers as independent variables. Connection-level hypotheses were evaluated using multivariate parametric statistics with random-effects across subjects and sample covariance estimation across multiple measurements. Inferences were performed at the level of individual clusters (groups of similar connections). Cluster-level inferences were based on parametric statistics within- and between- each pair of networks (Functional Network Connectivity[13]), with networks identified using a complete-linkage hierarchical clustering procedure[14] based on ROI-to-ROI anatomical proximity and functional similarity metrics[15]. Results were thresholded using a combination of a p < 0.05 connection-level threshold and a familywise corrected p-FDR < 0.05 cluster-level threshold[16]."

Reference [14] is reported as:

[14] Sørensen, T. (1948). A method of establishing groups of equal amplitude in plant sociology based on similarity of species and its application to analyses of the vegetation on Danish commons. Biologiske Skrifter / Kongelige Danske Videnskabernes Selskab 5: 1-34.

Luckily this citation error is removed when I select multiple 1st level analyses (e.g. MVPA, SBC, RRC) since the text changes:

"Group-level analyses were performed using a General Linear Model (GLM[13]). For each individual voxel a separate GLM was estimated, with first-level connectivity measures at this voxel as dependent variables (one independent sample per subject and one measurement per task or experimental condition, if applicable), and groups or other subject-level identifiers as independent variables. Voxel-level hypotheses were evaluated using multivariate parametric statistics with random-effects across subjects and sample covariance estimation across multiple measurements. Inferences were performed at the level of individual clusters (groups of contiguous voxels). Cluster-level inferences were based on parametric statistics from Gaussian Random Field theory[14,15]. Results were thresholded using a combination of a cluster-forming p < 0.001 voxel-level threshold, and a familywise corrected p-FDR < 0.05 cluster-size threshold[16]."

Wanted to point this out for bug reporting. I'm not quite sure why the Group level analyses text changes  when using multiple 1st level analyses compared to only RRC. It also leaves out the Jafri 2008 paper for RRC thresholds when selecting multiple 1st level analyses.