help > denoising - carrying motion regressors from ART in SPM to conn
Jul 12, 2024  11:07 AM | Marta Litwinczuk
denoising - carrying motion regressors from ART in SPM to conn

Hello,

As part of a previous non-connectivity project I have used SPM12 and ART to process my functional data. Creation of first-level SPMs included adding the ART-estimated motion and outlier regressors to the design matrix (as well as condition onsets etc.). I have applied there the high pass filter (128 seconds) and I have included the HRF function. Finally, I have also estimated these SPMs.

Now, in a new connectivity project we are using the same data and looking at ROI 1) timeseries and 2) connectivity with the conn toolbox. My question is - do I need to define new SPMs without the ART regressors, high pass filter and HRF function or is my exisiting code fine? My goal is to avoid doing the same processing steps twice. Please note that I am looking at both the timeseries and connectivity.

Thank you very much for your advice!

Marta

My code is as follows:

for s = 1

clc

disp(s)

cd(subcode(s,:))

% Point to the data location

batch.filename=fullfile(pwd,'conn_Run1.mat');

STRUCTURAL_FILE = cellstr([root, filesep, subcode(s,:), filesep,'T1/T1.nii']);

batch.Setup.structurals=STRUCTURAL_FILE;

SPM_FILE= cellstr([root, filesep, subcode(s,:), filesep, 'results/SPM.mat']);

batch.Setup.spmfiles=SPM_FILE;

batch.Setup.nsubjects=1;

batch.Setup.RT=2.5;

% Add own ROIs

batch.Setup.rois.files{1} = [root,"/Schaefer2018_300Parcels_17Networks_order_FSLMNI152_2mm.nii"];

batch.Setup.rois.files{2} = [root, "AAL3.nii"];

batch.Setup.rois.multiplelabels=1;

batch.Setup.rois.add=1;

batch.Setup.isnew=1;

batch.Setup.done=1;

conn_batch(batch);

clear batch
% Denoising

batch.Denoising.filter=[0.009, 0.08];

batch.Denoising.done = 1;

conn_batch(batch);

clear batch

% ROI-to-ROI connectivity

batch.Analysis.name = 'RRC'; % name of the analysis

batch.Analysis.analysis_number=1; % Sequential number identifying each set of independent first-level analyses

batch.Analysis.measure=1; % connectivity measure used {1 = 'correlation (bivariate)', 2 = 'correlation (semipartial)', 3 = 'regression (bivariate)', 4 = 'regression (multivariate)';

batch.Analysis.weight=2; % within-condition weight used {1 = 'none', 2 = 'hrf', 3 = 'hanning';

batch.Analysis.sources={'Schaefer2018_300Parcels_17Networks_order_FSLMNI152_2mm', 'AAL3'}; % (if empty then uses all ROIs contained in spm12/toolboxes/conn/rois)

batch.Analysis.done=1;

conn_batch(batch);

cd(root)

clear batch

end