general > RE: Ability to use custom atlas labels
Aug 6, 2024  11:08 AM | Gergely Csucs
RE: Ability to use custom atlas labels

Hi Aaron,

I tried using a modified python code to read the flat file, however, the output is a low-res PNG. What would I need to do in order to get a high-res PNG similar to what is the final output images using NUTIL?

Nutil gets that low-resolution image too, then scales it up to the desired resolution (of the image coming from Ilastik - typically). ImageJ/Fiji can do this too: Image menu, "Scale...", then type the needed resolution and set Interpolation to None.

I am specifically interested in extracting the distinct cerebellar nuclei. If each of these nuclei have different colors, I can use fiji to extract ROI based on color information. However, currently the labeling in the final output of NUTIL yields the same color for all cerebellar nuclei.

Yes, this issue comes up from time to time. A workaround is provided at https://www.nesys.uio.no/VisuAlign/relab... - it's a small tool that creates a label file with distinct colors (not necessarily for the human eye, but for programs like Fiji), that can be used with VisuAlign.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Gergely

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Austen Casey May 14, 2023
Gergely Csucs May 15, 2023
Austen Casey Jun 16, 2023
Austen Casey Jun 17, 2023
Gergely Csucs Jun 20, 2023
Aaron Sathyanesan Aug 5, 2024
RE: Ability to use custom atlas labels