[Brains-users] brain mask - problems with automatic definition

Christoph Christmann christoph.christmann at zi-mannheim.de
Fri Feb 16 03:35:08 PST 2007

hi,

the segmented image looks reasonable. I attach some pictures
elucidating the actual situation. I am especially surprised that the
cerebellum border is not found correctly although it seems to be
obvious as you can see in the brain_mask_cor_seg.jpg file. You can
see in the other two images, that T1 and T1 is realigned quite well
(cost function < 0.45).

If you would have any idea to use other programs to get the brain
mask I would try this way, too. Actually, we started with BrainSuite
but found it to be less precise, too - although in other regions.
Maybe we end up with an SPM or FSL segmentation for the mask.

Best regards

Christoph